Turkey’s spectacular climate, nature, culture, and history have always made it a great second home destination for foreigners. It means the country is offering endless business opportunities, professionals, students, and retired people the chance to invest in real estate, buy Property in Turkey and get a second citizenship.
You can get Turkish citizenship by investing in Turkey for foreigners and foreigners within two months or less. You can read our ultimate guide to investing in Turkish real estate if you’re interested in buying.
The Best Reasons to Buy Property in Turkey
- The Turkish economy is one of the fastest-growing globally, so the property market is booming.
- In Turkey, properties for sale are cheaper than similar properties in other European countries.
- There’s a wide range of properties on the Turkish real estate market, so there’s something for every budget.
- It’s not too expensive (housing, food, clothing, services)—good quality at a great price.
- The Turkish government has simplified the buying process over the past few years. Now you can sign a title deed within a week after choosing the property.
- Taxes are low.
- Renting or buying a property in Turkey can be a really good investment because the prices of properties and rental properties go up every year.
Turkey’s location and easy access: It’s literally in the middle of everything. In Turkey, you can get to just about anywhere globally thanks to the transport system.
- There’s a good climate, beautiful nature, a lot of history, and great food in Turkey. Many regions have become known for their golf courses, skiing centers, and sporting events.
- Health tourism: Public and private healthcare is affordable for foreigners. Turkey has a great reputation for its dental surgery, plastic surgery, and ophthalmology. A big draw for foreigners is the country’s well-educated, talented, and experienced surgeons and the fact that it costs significantly less to have procedures done here in Turkey and then to recover in luxury.
- We’ve already told you that owning a property in Turkey is a privileged experience with many advantages.
- Turkey is a cross between the east and west.
- Besides being an attractive country for second citizenship, Turkey has a highly attractive property market that offers significant returns on investment. Just look at Istanbul. There are plenty of new developments in the suburbs and penthouses in some of the city’s most prestigious neighborhoods, making it an attractive place for investment in real estate.
- There is an appeal to the ‘Asian’ ability of the country to do well economically and to the ‘Western’ quality of life there. That makes Turkey a great investment.
- There have been a lot of changes to the legal system in Turkey, as well as the new building trends. You can get a few benefits from buying real estate in Turkey.
- Turkey’s real estate market is a great choice for long-term investors because its prices can offer you a great return.
- Investing in well-maintained Turkish properties can bring you a huge return over the long run.
- Buying property in Turkey is popular among foreigners due to the extensive selection of luxury and budget, new-build and off-plan properties, renovations, and resales. From luxury seaside homes to basic and budget apartments, there are a lot of choices. Property buyers don’t have to compromise on their dream of owning a place in Turkey.
- You can invest, have a holiday or live permanently in Turkey.
Below are some properties in Istanbul.
Living expenses are low.
The cost of living in Turkey is quite low compared to any European or North American country. In Turkey, pensioners are taking advantage of the exchange rate to buy Turkish Lira, costing them more than the average cost of living. Food, such as vegetables and fruits, is also very cheap.
Process of Buying Simplified
For the real estate market to thrive, the government has simplified things. Property investment in Turkey is one of the reasons why foreigners choose it.
Getting Turkish citizenship
Getting a Turkish passport is one of the biggest benefits of buying property in Turkey. Because of this, many foreigners looking for a second home find Turkey a great choice. Through the Turkish citizenship by investment scheme, foreigners can invest a minimum of $250,000 to get Turkish citizenship within 60 days. To learn more, check out our article on Turkish Citizenship by Investment.